Writing and maintaining this blog is trying to get the best out of me :-). On the face it may look like writing a food blog is like a work flow, or a flow chart with a series of steps to follow. You simply follow the steps and you are done with it, right? Wrong... :-)
It actually takes a lot more than just following a flow chart :-).
Here is how...
First you have to come with an amazing recipe which you can pursue. Spend a good amount of time to cook it. Find creative ways to plate your dish. You name your dish like a new born baby. Narrate a story or history behind the dish as an introduction to the dish. Click some amazing pictures of your dish so that they look appetizing.
So a food blog helps you to learn in every department. I am learning especially around plating and food photography. I have searched and gone through various YouTube videos and other web contents to gain some more knowledge around them.
I would like to say in a very humble manner, that these pictures are best of me so far. I am still learning though... :-).
This time I decided to give it a try to Tandoori Chicken, in an oven. You might find a lot of recipes of Tandoori Chicken out there. However here is my attempt on home made Tandoori Chicken in an oven. This is the first time I tried Tandoori Chicken in an oven.
The results were delicious, I hope you will like it too :-).
Chicken Legs (I took 3) • Give it a few cuts • 3 tsp mustard or olive oil • 2 tsp yogurt • 2 tsp chicken masala • 2 tsp red chili powder (adjust as per your taste) • 1 tsp coriander powder • 1 tsp cumin powder • Juice of 1 lemon • 2 tsp ginger and garlic paste • 1 tsp soy sauce (optional) • 1 tsp black pepper (optional) • salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a big bowl and mix them well.
- In the mix, add chicken legs, coat all the spices well on the chicken legs.
- Either use hands or a brush to massage it the chicken legs.
- Set it aside for at least 1/2 hour. The longer it marinates the better off it is. I marinate it for 3 hours in a fridge. Take it out 1 hour before cooking.
- Pre-heat the oven at 375 degrees.
- Place the chicken legs on a oven tray.
- Place it in the oven and cook them for 40 to 50 minutes. Check it after 30 minutes and see if it needs more cooking.
- Take it out, plate it and you are done.
- I decided to take this photo by my kitchen window, from where direct sun light comes in.
- I used aluminum foil, crushed it and used as light reflector to balance out the light.
- Photo is taken using iPhone 5 and edited using Google's Snapseed.